Saturday, February 03, 2007

"What is Libby Fischer Hellmann reading?"

Libby Fischer Hellmann's most recent novel is A Shot to Die For, the fourth novel in her award-winning amateur sleuth series featuring Chicago video producer Ellie Foreman.

I recently asked her what she has been reading. Her reply:
I’ve been on a reading binge recently… I think it’s the cold weather. I just finished The Blade Itself by Marcus Sakey, and Big City Bad Blood by Sean Chercover. Both debut crime fiction novels by Chicago authors. There’s already been a lot of buzz about Blade, but there should be more about BCBB – it’s beautifully written, and what could have been just another stereotypical PI story becomes fresh and real in Chercover’s hands. Next up is In This Rain by S.J. Rozan and In the Company of Liars by David Ellis.

I’m also catching up on some missed books – I finally read The Devil in White City – what a great read! And I just finished Gregg Hurwitz’s The Program, a disturbing but fascinating story. I’m reading Be Cool by Elmore Leonard, and No Safe Place by Richard North Patterson. And I’m determined to restart Denise Mina’s Field of Blood. (I started it once but got side-tracked).

And yes, I usually have several books going at the same time.
Read the results of the Page 69 Test for Libby's A Shot to Die For.

And visit her website where you can will find a link to the short story that started the Ellie Foreman series.

--Marshal Zeringue