Friday, February 02, 2007

Short cuts


Chris of escapegrace attended a Martin Amis public appearance in L.A. and reports: "I don’t know if I was convinced to read the book [House of Meetings], but I was in awe of the way people like Amis exist in the world – bursting with a confidence achieved through the erudition only leisure brings and possibly through a healthy dose of white male privilege. Whatever it is, I want some."

In her clever report on "What is N.M. Kelby reading?," Nicole posed several alternative answers. She then gave readers a peek behind the curtains.

On Monday, Ray Taras' review of Andreï Makine's L’amour humain contained this line: "While Makine’s novels usually say little about the United States, they consistently hint at it being an 'uncouth nation.'” On Wednesday I posted Andrei S. Markovits' take on page 69 of his latest book, Uncouth Nation. Coming soon, Taras' review of Uncouth Nation.

When I posted the item last month about "What is Kevin Guilfoile reading?," I failed to link to the best site for information about Kevin and his writing. Check out the Cast of Shadows website.

Recent news about Page 69 contributors:--Marshal Zeringue