Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Q&A with Carol Wyer

From my Q&A with Carol Wyer, author of An Eye for an Eye:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I was very pleased to have been consulted about the titles in this series and chose them all. The relevance will be obvious from the off, but given I love playing with language, there is a more subtle meaning behind An Eye For An Eye as well as the obvious connection which will come to light towards the end of the novel. The book's working title was The Death Whisperer which was spooky, yet didn't convey the contents accurately. I spent weeks coming up with new titles and had a list of four by the time it was ready to go to my agent who decided immediately that An Eye For An Eye was perfect.

What's in a name?

Ah, every character's name and very book title is chosen with huge care. As an ex-English graduate who studied linguistics and etymology, I am...[read on]
Visit Carol Wyer's website.

Q&A with Carol Wyer.

--Marshal Zeringue