Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What is Diane Whiteside reading?

Today's featured contributor at Writers Read: Diane Whiteside, author of many books including Kisses Like A Devil, a new chapter in the Donovan family saga (also known as her “Devil” books), which comes out in February, and The Devil She Knows, due out in June 2010.

Her entry begins:
I read a ton of ebooks because my iPhone is with me all the time. (As an author, I know all the arguments for and against digital publishing but I do find myself grinding my teeth when a book I want to read isn’t available in that format.) At any rate, more and more of my “light” reading is done this way simply because it’s hugely convenient. I normally have about forty ebooks on my iPhone at any one time, with another five hundred or so stored on my computer.

I’m always reading at least one novel, usually a pure romance or romantic suspense this way. I just finished Remember Summer by Elizabeth Lowell, which was previously published as Summer Games in 1984. Elizabeth Lowell is a favorite author of mine; I own all her books and I’ve dissected more than one. Nobody writes better romantic suspense and her Tell Me No Lies made Romance Writers of America’s Top 100 Best Romance List. Remember Summer is set during the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. Today’s world is more cynical about terrorism and I know exactly...[read on]
In addition to the Donovan family saga, Whiteside's books include the Texas vampires’ trilogy, which began with The Hunter’s Prey.

Learn more about the writer and her work at Diane Whiteside's website and blog.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Diane Whiteside & Honey, Coffee, and Gentle Ben.

Writers Read: Diane Whiteside.

--Marshal Zeringue