Friday, January 15, 2010

Coffee with a canine: Diane Whiteside & Honey, Coffee, and Gentle Ben

The current featured quartet at Coffee with a Canine: Diane Whiteside & Honey, Coffee, and Gentle Ben.

Whiteside, on the dogs' influence on her writing:
I am an inveterate animal lover and they do keep showing up in my books.

Honey is a very black dog and you absolutely cannot see her in any kind of shadows, let alone a dark house. One night, I came up to bed late and happened upon her strolling down the upstairs hallway. I never knew she was there until she gave me a big, toothy, doggie grin – and my heart almost leaped out of my chest.

That moment was the inspiration for a scene in Kisses Like A Devil, my latest historical novel, where my heroine’s beloved dog comes out of the shadows to...[read on]
Diane Whiteside's many books include Kisses Like A Devil, a new chapter in the Donovan family saga (also known as her “Devil” books), which comes out in February. It’s about Brian, the second son of William and Viola Donovan, from The Irish Devil.

Other books include the Texas vampires’ trilogy, which began with The Hunter’s Prey.

Learn more about the writer and her work at Diane Whiteside's website and blog.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Diane Whiteside & Honey, Coffee, and Gentle Ben.

--Marshal Zeringue