Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Tracy Richardson's "Indian Summer," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Indian Summer by Tracy Richardson.

Her entry begins:
I wonder if every author imagines their book as a movie? When I write, I see the characters as fully formed people interacting in a very real world. I know the color of their hair and how they dress and what they would eat for lunch. That could partly be because I often use bits and pieces of real people and places to create my characters and settings. I usually combine several aspects of different people into a character, so no one is entirely based on a real person. The scenes begin in my imagination, but in some ways, the characters create the action themselves as the story evolves. It‘s exciting for me to see the book unfolding, almost like watching a movie.

Trying to imagine who would play the characters in Indian Summer – the movie proved to be difficult. I have such a definite picture in my mind of what the characters are like. The heroine is a twelve year old girl and there aren’t as many well known actresses that age. Then they grow up and become too old for the part. However, I think....[read on]
Read an excerpt from Indian Summer, and learn more about the book and author at Tracy Richardson's website.

My Book, The Movie: Indian Summer.

--Marshal Zeringue