Friday, December 28, 2018

What is D.J. Daniels reading?

Featured at Writers Read: DJ Daniels, author of Green Jay and Crow.

Her entry begins:
At the moment I’m reading Wolfgang Jeschke’s The Cusanus Game which depicts a contaminated future in which human DNA is mutating. Jeschke is not an author I’ve ever read before, but the book was a library find which I borrowed in a bite-the-bullet spirit – the book’s themes looked very similar to my current work. So far, so good; they’re nothing alike. And Jeschke is a great author to...[read on]
About Green Jay and Crow, from the publisher:
A prescient science fiction vision of humanity and identity in a trans-human world

“I WAS MEANT TO COME TO BARLEWIN, BUT I WAS NEVER MEANT TO STAY.”

The half-forgotten streets of Barlewin, in the shadow of the High Track, are a good place to hide: among the aliens and the couriers, the robots and the doubles, where everyone has secrets.

Like Eva, a 3D-printed copy of another woman, built to be disposable.She should have disintegrated days ago... and she hasn’t.

And now her creator wants her back.
Visit D.J. Daniels's website.

Writers Read: DJ Daniels.

--Marshal Zeringue