Wednesday, March 09, 2016

What is Michelle Gable reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Michelle Gable, author of I'll See You in Paris.

Her entry begins:
Blurbing other books can be a tricky endeavor. I’m flattered anyone would consider my comments a worthy endorsement, and I love helping fellow authors, but it can sometimes feel like “work.” Plus there’s the nagging fear…what if I hate the book? Luckily that hasn’t happened yet (knock on wood)!

About a week ago, my agent asked me to blurb another client of hers. Despite a harried tour schedule, I agreed. First of all, my agent believed in me when no one else did, so she can ask me to do anything and I’ll say yes. Second, I’d read and loved Ashley Ream’s first novel, and so I agreed to blurb her second, The 100 Year Miracle. As it turns out, I...[read on]
About I'll See You in Paris, from the publisher:
Three women, born generations apart.
One mysterious book that threads their lives together.
A journey of love, discovery, and truth…

I’ll See You in Paris is based on the real life of Gladys Spencer-Churchill, the Duchess of Marlborough, a woman whose life was so rich and storied it could fill several books. Nearly a century after Gladys’s heyday, a young woman’s quest to understand the legendary Duchess takes her from a charming hamlet in the English countryside, to a dilapidated manse kept behind barbed wire, and ultimately to Paris, where answers will be found at last. In the end, she not only solves the riddle of the Duchess, but uncovers the missing pieces in her own life.

At once a great love story and literary mystery, I’ll See You in Paris will entertain and delight, with an unexpected ending that will leave readers satisfied and eager for Gable’s next novel.
Visit Michelle Gable's website.

The Page 69 Test: A Paris Apartment.

My Book, The Movie: A Paris Apartment.

The Page 69 Test: I'll See You in Paris.

Writers Read: Michelle Gable.

--Marshal Zeringue