Monday, March 07, 2016

Coffee with a canine: Susan Meissner & Bella

Featured at Coffee with a Canine: Susan Meissner & Bella.

The author, on Bella's role as writer's aide:
Bella thinks she’s my muse. She is always as close as she can be to me when I’m writing. If I’m in my writing cave, she’s at the threshold of the room. If I’m writing in the living room, she’s lying on the rug at my feet. Whatever room in the house I decide to plop down in to work, she’s right there. I think she’s under the impression that if she’s not beside me, I am unable...[read on]
About Stars Over Sunset Boulevard, from the publisher:
In this new novel from the acclaimed author of Secrets of a Charmed Life, two women working in Hollywood during its Golden Age discover the joy and heartbreak of true friendship.

Los Angeles, Present Day. When an iconic hat worn by Scarlett O’Hara in Gone With the Wind ends up in Christine McAllister’s vintage clothing boutique by mistake, her efforts to return it to its owner take her on a journey more enchanting than any classic movie…

Los Angeles, 1938. Violet Mayfield sets out to reinvent herself in Hollywood after her dream of becoming a wife and mother falls apart, and lands a job on the film-set of Gone With the Wind. There, she meets enigmatic Audrey Duvall, a once-rising film star who is now a fellow secretary. Audrey’s zest for life and their adventures together among Hollywood’s glitterati enthrall Violet…until each woman’s deepest desires collide. What Audrey and Violet are willing to risk, for themselves and for each other, to ensure their own happy endings will shape their friendship, and their lives, far into the future.
Visit Susan Meissner's website.

Writers Read: Susan Meissner.

My Book, The Movie: Stars Over Sunset Boulevard.

Coffee with a Canine: Susan Meissner & Bella.

--Marshal Zeringue