Saturday, March 19, 2016

Elizabeth Marro's "Casualties," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Casualties by Elizabeth Marro.

The entry begins:
Lately, everyone who has been written me after reading Casualties, has suggested actors who would be perfect for the roles of Ruth, my protagonist. Few have said, though, who might be just right for the roles of Robbie, her son, or Casey, the would-be conman and veteran who forms an unlikely partnership with her that helps them both. I’ll aim to fill in those blanks here with some of the candidates I used to list as I was writing -- or, more accurately, procrastinating.

Ruth: the lead vote-getter from readers is Julianne Moore and I’m right there with them. She’s a wonderful actor with the ability to play a woman who is both vulnerable and tough and needs to be honest with herself before she can take the first step toward healing. That said, I believe Cate...[read on]
Visit Elizabeth Marro's website.

My Book, The Movie: Casualties.

--Marshal Zeringue