Sunday, March 06, 2016

What is Brad Smith reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Brad Smith, author of Rough Justice.

His entry begins:
I am reading three things, two of which I just finished.

Did you ever have a title in your head that you kept telling yourself you really needed to read and then never got around to it? Well, A Confederacy Of Dunces was such a book for me. It took me years to finally read, and then I went through it like greased lightning. One of the great comic novels of the 20th century, with a protagonist so preposterous, nasty, shallow, mean-spirited, oblivious and utterly vain that you can’t help but love him. (Yes, I realize I just described Donald Trump but...[read on]
About Rough Justice, from the publisher:
Carl Burns returns to his hometown to uncover a viper's nest of corruption and dark secrets in this tense and twisting novel of suspense: first in a brand-new series.

After ten years' absence, Carl Burns has returned to his hometown to support his estranged daughter Kate, who is currently testifying in a rape case. Carl is determined to get justice for Kate, whatever it takes. But with few allies, he finds himself incurring the wrath of powerful enemies as he attempts to uncover the truth.
Learn more about the book and author at Brad Smith's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: Shoot the Dog.

My Book, The Movie: Shoot the Dog.

The Page 69 Test: Rough Justice.

My Book, The Movie: Rough Justice.

Writers Read: Brad Smith.

--Marshal Zeringue