Thursday, March 10, 2016

Jeff Zentner's "The Serpent King," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner.

His entry begins:
Let me first say that even though I write young adult novels and am a huge lover of movies and TV shows, I’m a little out of touch when it comes to the young actors. You ask me to cast my main character off the top of my head? I’ll come up with someone who was big when I was a young adult, but who is now currently in his fifties and has adult children.

I was very impressed with Ezra Miller in both Whip It and The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and I think he’d make a great Dill. And I had Mae Whitman in mind while writing Lydia. I think she’s got the perfect look and attitude. Travis is more difficult. There are very few...[read on]
Visit Jeff Zentner's website.

Writers Read: Jeff Zentner.

My Book, The Movie: The Serpent King.

--Marshal Zeringue