Tuesday, February 05, 2019

What is Jane Corry reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Jane Corry, author of The Dead Ex: A Novel.

Her entry begins:
I’ve just started reading The Tattooist Of Auschwitz by Heather Morris. To be honest, I’ve had it on my bedside table for a while because I didn’t feel in the right frame of mind to tackle a serious subject. But the new year moved me to open it and as soon as I read the first page, I was hooked. Why? It was the main character who drew me in. Here is a man who fell into the job of tattooing prisoners in concentration camps. You might say he’s a bit of a jack-the-lad but he also has strong family values. Then he falls in love. I’ve just got to this bit...[read on]
About The Dead Ex, from the publisher:
One man’s disappearance throws four women’s lives into chaos–who will survive?

Vicki works as an aromatherapist, healing her clients out of her home studio with her special blends of essential oils. She’s just finishing a session when the police arrive on her doorstep–her ex-husband David has gone missing. Vicki insists she last saw him years ago when they divorced, but the police clearly don’t believe her. And her memory’s hardly reliable–what if she did have something to do with it?

Meanwhile, Scarlet and her mother Zelda are down on their luck, and at eight years old, Scarlet’s not old enough to know that the “game” her mother forces her to play is really just a twisted name for dealing drugs. Soon, Zelda is caught, and Scarlet is forced into years of foster care–an experience that will shape the rest of her life...

David’s new wife, Tanya, is the one who reported him missing, but what really happened on the night of David’s disappearance? And how can Vicki prove her innocence, when she’s not even sure of it herself? The answer lies in the connection among these four women–and the one person they can’t escape.
Follow Jane Corry on Twitter and Facebook.

My Book, The Movie: My Husband's Wife.

The Page 69 Test: My Husband's Wife.

The Page 69 Test: Blood Sisters.

My Book, The Movie: Blood Sisters.

The Page 69 Test: The Dead Ex.

My Book, The Movie: The Dead Ex.

Writers Read: Jane Corry.

--Marshal Zeringue