Monday, February 11, 2019

What is Jane A. Adams reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Jane A. Adams, author of Kith and Kin.

Her entry begins:
I tend to have several books on the go at the same time and read a pretty even split of ebooks and physical books.

Lately, I’ve been revisiting Agatha Christie – following a conversation with a friend who was complaining, after watching a TV adaptation, that ‘the book wasn’t like that!’ I’ve just read Ordeal by Innocence and Witness for the Prosecution. I came to Christie quite late. As a teenager I loved Dorothy L Sayers and Cornell Woolrich in particular but Christie was more familiar through television and film. I’ve come to appreciate the subtle and often rather cold way that she layers plot, casting a particularly merciless eye on her characters and their...[read on]
About Kith and Kin, from the publisher:
1928. When two bodies are found washed up in the Kentish marshes, DCI Henry Johnstone and DS Mickey Hitchens recognize one of them as being a known associate of one of the East End's most notorious gangsters. But what were the victims doing in this remote and desolate spot? Is it a set-up? A revenge attack? Or something even more sinister?
Visit Jane A. Adams's website.

The Page 69 Test: Kith and Kin.

My Book, The Movie: Kith and Kin.

Writers Read: Jane A. Adams.

--Marshal Zeringue