Friday, November 04, 2011

What is Sara Grant reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Sara Grant, author of Dark Parties.

Part of her entry:
I’ve only recently discovered that I *heart* Libba Bray. I read Going Bovine and Beauty Queens this year. She’s crazy brilliant. The books are wild and imaginative and layered. As soon as I finished them, I wanted to go back and read them again because there was simply too much to appreciate in one reading.

I’m sometime lucky enough to purloin an advance copy of some books. I spent one glorious day reading 15 Days Without a Head by Dave Cousins cover to cover. Dave’s book doesn’t come out until January in the UK. Dave and I are in the EDGE, a group of UK-based writers who focus on teen fiction. This is his first novel and it’s stunning. If you like edgy teen fiction, check out our site for other EDGE books and also our edgy reading list.

I’m currently reading...[read on]
About Dark Parties, from the publisher:
Sixteen-year-old Neva has been trapped since birth. She was born and raised under the Protectosphere, in an isolated nation ruled by fear, lies, and xenophobia. A shield "protects" them from the outside world, but also locks the citizens inside. But there's nothing left on the outside, ever since the world collapsed from violent warfare. Or so the government says...

Neva and her best friend Sanna believe the government is lying and stage a "dark party" to recruit members for their underground rebellion. But as Neva begins to uncover the truth, she realizes she must question everything she's ever known, including the people she loves the most.
Learn more about the book and author at Sara Grant's website and Facebook page.

My Book, The Movie: Dark Parties.

Writers Read: Sara Grant.

--Marshal Zeringue