Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tom Lowe's "The Butterfly Forest," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Butterfly Forest by Tom Lowe.

The entry begins:
A very successful novelist friend of mine doesn't want to sell filmmakers the right to adapt his books on screen. And he's had plenty of offers. He feels that would taint or certainly influence the personal image readers form of his characters, especially his two popular protagonists. That's a fair assumption.

But I disagree.

Apparently, so do readers. I often get readers suggesting who could "play Sean O'Brien" if the novels are ever adapted into films. Some of the suggestions include Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds. I'd be happy to see either one of these guys in the role. I read where Tom...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Tom Lowe's website.

Lowe's previous Sean O'Brien mystery/thrillers include A False Dawn and The 24th Letter.

The Page 69 Test: The 24th Letter.

My Book, The Movie: The Butterfly Forest.

--Marshal Zeringue