Sunday, November 13, 2011

B. Kent Anderson's "Cold Glory," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Cold Glory by B. Kent Anderson.

The entry begins:
Now that Cold Glory has finally hit bookshelves, I’ve been asked at least a dozen times in the last two weeks about actors for the ever-elusive (and at this point, hypothetical) film of the story.

I honestly don’t write novels with an actor or actress in mind, but have found myself considering the possibilities in the last couple of weeks. My two series characters are college professor Nick Journey and federal investigator/researcher (and part-time concert pianist) Meg Tolman.

Journey is a middle-aged former ballplayer, now a professor at a small college in Oklahoma. He’s also a single father of a son with autism. He’s a little overweight, has high blood pressure and cholesterol. He’s not an indestructible action hero, so leading men like George Clooney and Tom Cruise, though being around the right age (early/mid forties) are out. I found myself leaning toward Sean...[read on]
Learn more about Cold Glory at B. Kent Anderson's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: Cold Glory.

--Marshal Zeringue