Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What is Riley Adams reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Riley Adams, author of Hickory Smoked Homicide.

Her entry begins:
I actually made a departure from the books I usually choose and recently read Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson. I haven't read psychological thrillers for a while, but I heard about this novel on a book blog and was intrigued. A woman who wakes up each morning not knowing her past, her name, or her identity? I was hooked. Since I've been super-short on time lately, I was looking for a novel that would quickly hook me and pull me through the book without letting go.

The book was fascinating on a couple of different levels for me. For one--I struggle with my memory every single day. I wasn't blessed with a great memory to start out with, added to the fact that I'm tremendously busy. The concept of losing even what pitiful memory I have was a sobering one. On another level...[read on]
About Hickory Smoked Homicide, from the publisher:
BBQ-joint owner Lulu Taylor knows pretty much everyone in Memphis who lives ribs. But one person she’d rather not know is Tristan Pembroke, a snooty pageant couch with a mean streak. When she finds Tristan’s dead body stuffed in a closet at a party, the police are suspicious—especially since Lulu’s developed a taste for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Caught in a situation stickier than molasses, Lulu must clear her name, or risk getting fried...
Visit Riley Adams/Elizabeth Spann Craig's website and her Mystery Writing is Murder blog.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Elizabeth Spann Craig & Chloe.

Writers Read: Riley Adams.

--Marshal Zeringue