Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Melanie Benjamin's "The Autobiography Of Mrs. Tom Thumb," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Autobiography Of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin.

The entry begins:
Honestly, I’ve never been able to think of The Autobiography Of Mrs. Tom Thumb in terms of a movie simply because it would be impossible to cast. The kind of dwarfism that General and Mrs. Tom Thumb had is not a kind that is common today; they were miniature people, perfectly formed. Today they would have been given human growth hormones, and while they wouldn’t be quite average-sized, they certainly would be more than three feet tall! However, I admit that sometimes I do allow myself to imagine what...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Melanie Benjamin's website.

The Page 69 Test: Alice I Have Been.

The Page 69 Test: The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb.

My Book, The Movie: The Autobiography Of Mrs. Tom Thumb.

--Marshal Zeringue