Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Q&A with John Van Stry

From my Q&A with John Van Stry, author of Summer's End:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

Honestly, I don't think it does all that much - I mean I hope that it does pique their interest enough to get them to look at the blurb because for a lot of us I think the idea of the end of Summer makes us think of coming changes.

As for how I came up with the name? I honestly don't remember. Most of the time I have trouble coming up with a title and a lot of working titles often go through a change before the final title. This one never changed. What's funny is that my publisher and editor didn't like the title when they first saw it. But after they read the book they never suggested changing it again. So I think the book does capture the title, once you've read it.

What's in a name?

I picked Dave's name because...[read on]
Visit John Van Stry's website.

Q&A with John Van Stry.

--Marshal Zeringue