Saturday, July 18, 2020

Q&A with David Klass

From my Q&A with David Klass, author of Out of Time: A Novel:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

Out of Time catches the pace of the novel but also the underlying question that drives it forward: If the Earth is almost out of time, does that justify an eco-terrorist taking matters into his own hands? I originally wanted to call the book Green Man but was warned that it would sound like a book about The Hulk.

What's in a name?

I never thought I would name a main character Tom Smith but I like the way everyone kids him about his very common name, when his abilities are extraordinary. As for Green Man, whatever first and last name I gave him he will always be Green Man to me. That’s the name I had when…[read on]
Learn more about Out of Time.

Q&A with David Klass.

--Marshal Zeringue