Tuesday, October 31, 2017

What is S.F. Henson reading?

Featured at Writers Read: S.F. Henson, author of Devils Within.

Her entry begins:
I'm typically a monogamous reader, but I'm cheating a little right now and scandalously reading two books at once.

First, I'm currently re-reading 1984, by George Orwell. I hate being without a book, so I keep a couple in my car for emergency reading needs. I found myself alone at lunch one day recently, and without a book. I reached in the seat pocket of my car and was delighted to find 1984 shoved in there. It's been so long since I last read it that I'd forgotten some plot points that seem especially relevant to our current political climate. The particular copy that I'm reading is...[read on]
About Devils Within, from the publisher:
Killing isn’t supposed to be easy. But it is. It’s the after that’s hard to deal with.

Nate was eight the first time he stabbed someone; he was eleven when he earned his red laces—a prize for spilling blood for “the cause.” And he was fourteen when he murdered his father (and the leader of The Fort, a notorious white supremacist compound) in self-defense, landing in a treatment center while the state searched for his next of kin. Now, in the custody of an uncle he never knew existed, who wants nothing to do with him, Nate just wants to disappear.
Visit S.F. Henson's website.

Coffee with a Canine: S.F. Henson & Francie.

My Book, The Movie: Devils Within.

The Page 69 Test: Devils Within.

Writers Read: S.F. Henson.

--Marshal Zeringue