Monday, January 31, 2011

Daisy Whitney's "The Mockingbirds," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney.

The entry begins:
If my novel The Mockingbirds were made into a movie, I would absolutely, positively want Emma Stone to play the lead character Alex Patrick. Emma has the perfect blend of tough and vulnerable and that's what's needed for Alex as she presses charges against her assailant through the student-run underground justice system at her boarding school. I'd always had her in mind for the lead role if my book became a film and seeing her in Zombieland solidified my pick. She has quite the range and I think that's what's needed for this role. Opposite her in the role of her eventual love interest of Martin I could see...[read on]
Daisy Whitney is a new-media producer, a reporter, and an internationally known web show creator. The Mockingbirds is her debut novel. She graduated from Brown University and lives in San Francisco.

Learn more about the book and author at Daisy Whitney's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: The Mockingbirds.

--Marshal Zeringue