Friday, December 11, 2020

Q&A with Rachel Mans McKenny

From my Q&A with Rachel Mans McKenny, author of The Butterfly Effect: A Novel:
What's in a name?

This is the only novel I've ever written where the character's name came first. While reading about butterflies, I came across a beautiful insect called the glasswing with the scientific name Greta oto. "That sounds like a person's name," I thought. And now it is.

How surprised would your teenage reader self be by your new novel?

Teenage me would be surprised that my debut novel centered around science, when that was objectively not 'my thing' in high school. My oldest brother is a particle physicist, and my other brother dissected computers for fun, so I always liked to set myself apart by...[read on]
Visit Rachel Mans McKenny's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Butterfly Effect.

Q&A with Rachel Mans McKenny.

--Marshal Zeringue