Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Q&A with Darcie Wilde

From my Q&A with Darcie Wilde, author of A Lady Compromised:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

Like the cover, I think the title sets the tone for the entire book. It’s the first thing the reader sees, and it needs to tell them what they’re getting themselves into when they pick up the book. Classic mystery? Suspense? Romance? The title is the first clue. 

What's in a name? 

A name is like a title. It creates a first impression. It’s an indicator of gender, but also class, nationality and heritage. My main character is Rosalind Thorne because I wanted to give her a classic Englishwoman’s name with a hint of...[read on]
Visit Darcie Wilde's website.

My Book, The Movie: And Dangerous to Know.

The Page 69 Test: And Dangerous to Know.

The Page 69 Test: A Lady Compromised.

Q&A with Darcie Wilde.

--Marshal Zeringue