Sunday, December 13, 2020

Q&A with Andrea J. Johnson

From my Q&A with Andrea J. Johnson, author of Poetic Justice:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

The title Poetic Justice speaks more to an overall theme than one specific aspect of the story. Each character faces a dilemma that underscores the old adage “what goes around comes around.” This may not be apparent to readers from the first page, but the idea becomes quite clear once the book reaches its climax. In fact, the ending helped inspire the title. I knew how I wanted the novel to end long before I had the courage to sit down and write the first word. So when it came to publication, I was adamant about the name despite my mentor and critique partners insisting I change it. Their concern rested on...[read on]
Visit Andrea J. Johnson's website.

My Book, The Movie: Poetic Justice.

The Page 69 Test: Poetic Justice.

Q&A with Andrea J. Johnson.

--Marshal Zeringue