Friday, January 08, 2016

What is Tracy Weber reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Tracy Weber, author of Karma's a Killer.

Her entry begins:
I don’t have nearly as much time to read as I used to, so when I do pick up novel, I stick with one of my favorites. I’m currently reading The Alpine Vengeance by Mary Daheim. I love both of Mary’s series, but the Emma Lord Mystery series is my favorite. It takes place in the semifictional Pacific Northwest town of Alpine, which in reality is a now-defunct logging town that existed in the early twentieth century.

Small-town newspaper owner Emma Lord always manages to solve the crime while navigating the world of an “outsider” to small-town life. This series has especially come to life for me now that I’ve gotten to know Ms. Daheim. Her characters are as fun and quirky as she is and...[read on]
About Karma's a Killer, from the publisher:
When Seattle yoga teacher Kate Davidson agrees to teach doga (yoga for dogs) at a fundraiser for a local animal shelter, she believes the only damage will be to her reputation. But a few downward-facing dogs are the least of Kate’s problems when an animal rights protest at the event leads to a suspicious fire and a drowning.

The police arrest Dharma, a woman claiming to be Kate’s estranged mother, and charge her with murder. To prove Dharma’s innocence, Kate, her boyfriend Michael, and her German shepherd sidekick Bella dive deeply into the worlds of animal activism and organizational politics. As they investigate the dangerous obsessions that drive these groups, Kate and her sleuthing team discover that when it comes to murder, there’s no place like hOMe.
Visit Tracy Weber's website, blog, and Facebook page.

Coffee with a Canine: Tracy Weber and Tasha.

The Page 69 Test: Murder Strikes a Pose.

The Page 69 Test: A Killer Retreat.

The Page 69 Test: Karma's a Killer.

Writers Read: Tracy Weber.

--Marshal Zeringue