Thursday, July 09, 2015

Lori Lansens's "The Mountain Story," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Mountain Story by Lori Lansens.

The entry begins:
I had a short career as a screenwriter and what I remember most is that producers would say that my screenplays read like novels. (I knew they didn’t mean it in a good way!) Now, when readers tell me that my novels leave them with the sense that they’ve just watched a movie, I’m chuffed. The Mountain Story is an adventure story about four people lost together in the mountain wilderness for five days without food, water or shelter. The protagonist is an eighteen-year-old boy so when I think of the novel as a movie I look at the stars of the Divergent and Hunger Games series as the right type, only younger. The three women lost with Wolf Truly in the mountain wilderness that overlooks Palm Springs are from three different generations – there’s a girl still in her teens – I picture the teenaged Kali Hawk, a young Lisa Bonet, Rihanna. There is an attractive hiker in her late thirties, a blonde triathlete, and I did imagine...[read on]
Visit Lori Lansens's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Mountain Story.

--Marshal Zeringue