Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fifteen top books about the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan

Jesse Goolsby is an Air Force officer and the author of the novel I’d Walk with My Friends If I Could Find Them. At The Daily Beast he tagged fifteen great books about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, including:
GREEN ON BLUE BY ELLIOT ACKERMAN (2015)

Opening:

“Many would call me a dishonest man, but I’ve always kept faith with myself.”

Ackerman’s Green on Blue is a fully realized accomplishment of radical empathy combined with brilliant storytelling. Not since Robert Olen Butler’s A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain have we encountered war literature that convincingly pulls off such an imaginative risk.
Read about another entry on the list.

The Page 69 Test: Green on Blue.

Writers Read: Elliot Ackerman.

My Book, The Movie: Green on Blue.

--Marshal Zeringue