Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Catherine Linka's "A Girl Undone," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: A Girl Undone by Catherine Linka.

The entry begins:
I’m violating the blog premise immediately, because A Girl Called Fearless and the sequel, A Girl Undone have been optioned for television by Universal Cable Productions.

That said, like a lot of writers, I work with concept boards, and grab pictures of actors and models as I develop the novel. Sometimes I begin with a feeling, possibly an attitude or facial expression that seems to capture the character. Then I often discover photo that captures that feeling/attitude/expression.

It can be very unexpected and weird when that happens. I was walking past an Abercrombie store when bam! There was a huge portrait of Yates. Canadian model Matt Aymar was the living incarnation of my protagonist’s sexy, wounded, social activist friend, and my breath was taken away. Literally.

Main character Avie Reveare? Avie’s will to survive was...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Catherine Linka’s website.

The Page 99 Test: A Girl Undone.

My Book, The Movie: A Girl Undone.

--Marshal Zeringue