Friday, March 15, 2024

Q&A with Clare McHugh

From my Q&A with Clare McHugh, author of The Romanov Brides: A Novel of the Last Tsarina and Her Sisters:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I feel so lucky to have landed on the perfect title for this novel! What better title than The Romanov Brides for a book that brings to life on the page the momentous decisions made by two German princesses, the sisters Ella and Alix of Hesse, to marry into the Romanov family, imperial rulers of Russia.

How surprised would your teenage reader self be by your new novel?

I think that my teenage self would be delighted to see that I achieved my dream of publishing an historical novel. In fact...[read on]
Visit Clare McHugh's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Romanov Brides.

Q&A with Clare McHugh.

--Marshal Zeringue