Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Q&A with Angela Crook

From my Q&A with Angela Crook, author of Hurt Mountain: A Novel:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

Originally the title for my book was called Hurt Farm, but, much to my surprise, I learned that farm provokes a negative response in reader, so it became Hurt Mountain. Considering all actions lead to the mountain, I'd say it does quite a bit of the heavy lifting to take the readers into the story.

What's in a name?

Delilah was a significant choice for a name because of the biblical connotations. Hurt is a religious fanatic, his whole world view is based on his religious beliefs, so him choosing the name Delilah was...[read on]
Follow Angela Crook on Facebook, Instagram, and Threads.

My Book, The Movie: Hurt Mountain.

Q&A with Angela Crook.

--Marshal Zeringue