Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Q&A with Marty Ambrose

From my Q&A with Marty Ambrose, author of Forever Past:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

When I played with the title of my final novel in the Claire Clairmont historical mystery trilogy, Forever Past, I was very conscious that it had to signal the end of this series but, also, reflect that nothing in life is every truly finished until we draw our last breath. So, while Claire is finally learning the fate of her lost daughter, Allegra, conceived out of wedlock with Lord Byron, she has to keep delving into the past to find the last clues to the mystery—a “forever” journey that is both exhilarating and painful. And, along the way, she realizes it is long past time for her to put those days behind her and make peace with the turmoil of her youth.

But I also wanted my readers to connect the title with Claire’s undiminished love for her daughter; it has been both a joy and torment at the emotional center of her being. Her relationship with Lord Byron was hauntingly...[read on]
Visit Marty Ambrose's website.

My Book, The Movie: Forever Past.

The Page 69 Test: Forever Past.

Q&A with Marty Ambrose.

--Marshal Zeringue