Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Q&A with Jonathan Vatner

From my Q&A with Jonathan Vatner, author of The Bridesmaids Union: A Novel:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

The title, The Bridesmaids Union, refers to the secret Facebook group of disgruntled bridesmaids at the heart of the story. I came up with it in the same way my protagonist does: While I was puzzling over what it should be called, I got an email from a union I belong to. As the title of the novel, I thought it was intriguing and relatively self-explanatory. The title of my last novel changed twice, so I was pleased that no one suggested a different name this time.

What's in a name?

I wanted my protagonist and her two sisters to be named after...[read on]
Visit Jonathan Vatner's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Bridesmaids Union.

Q&A with Jonathan Vatner.

--Marshal Zeringue