Thursday, April 22, 2021

Renée Rosen's "The Social Graces," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Social Graces by Renée Rosen.

The entry begins:
The Social Graces tells the real-life story of two powerful women, Caroline Astor and Alva Vanderbilt, who go to war over who will control New York society during the Gilded Age. And why are they both obsessed with something as seemingly frivolous as being the head of society? Because back in the Nineteenth Century, that was all women had. Society was the only arena where they could hope to exercise any influence over her existence. So, the stakes were high, and the antics were outrageous. Trust me when I say, fact is stranger than fiction.

Caroline Astor, or The Mrs. Astor, as she preferred to be called, was the reigning queen of New York society for three decades. She was both haughty and funny. I think Kathy Bates would capture her perfectly.

Her rival was Alva Vanderbilt. She was younger, far less conventional and a real firecracker. I think...[read on]
Visit Renée Rosen's website, blog, and Facebook page.

The Page 99 Test: Every Crooked Pot.

My Book, The Movie: Dollface.

The Page 69 Test: Dollface.

The Page 69 Test: What the Lady Wants.

My Book, The Movie: What the Lady Wants.

Writers Read: Renée Rosen (February 2017).

My Book, The Movie: Windy City Blues.

The Page 69 Test: Windy City Blues.

The Page 69 Test: The Social Graces.

My Book, The Movie: The Social Graces.

--Marshal Zeringue