Friday, April 16, 2021

Q&A with Ilona Bannister

From my Q&A with Ilona Bannister, author of When I Ran Away:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I think When I Ran Away lets the reader know exactly where they're headed when they pick it up and it brings the reader directly into Gigi's mindset at the verge of her breakdown. But hopefully they find that the twists and turns Gigi takes on her journey toward accepting her new self as a woman and mother surprising. I think they'll find her choice of destination interesting as well. I think many readers will relate to the things she's running away from and that many people fantasize about doing the same thing at one point or another, especially after...[read on]
Follow Ilona Bannister on Twitter.

Q&A with Ilona Bannister.

--Marshal Zeringue