Sunday, April 04, 2021

Clay McLeod Chapman's "Whisper Down the Lane," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Whisper Down the Lane: A Novel by Clay McLeod Chapman.

The entry begins:
In Whisper Down the Lane, we spend a considerable amount of time within the minds of two characters who -- nonspoiler alert -- turn out to be the same person, just at different points in his life. There's "Sean" at age five and "Richard" in his thirties. I feel like this is sort of an open secret that the book isn't really trying to hide, so I feel comfortable enough talking about it here. For the sake of your question, though, I'm going to focus on adult Richard. To have the same character cleaved from his own past, his childhood buried under a considerable amount of trauma... that could be a powerhouse performance for any actor!

There are certain actors who possess a particular haunted nature that I find myself extremely enamoured by. Just one look at Cillian Murphy or Peter Sarsgaard and you can almost sense the darkness lingering beneath their cheeks, buried behind their eyes. Jake Gyllenhaal would bring a particular charm to the role, where you can still see...[read on]
Visit Clay McLeod Chapman's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Remaking.

The Page 69 Test: The Remaking.

My Book, The Movie: Whisper Down the Lane.

--Marshal Zeringue