Thursday, September 20, 2018

Paula Munier's "A Borrowing of Bones," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: A Borrowing of Bones: Mercy and Elvis Mysteries (Volume 1) by Paula Munier.

The entry begins:
Someone once said that it takes six real people to create one well-rounded character. Mine are true composites in that way. But when I think of casting them in the movies, I can usually come up with an actress or an actor I think could inhabit my characters with grace and dignity and power.

Mercy Carr, the heroine of my Mercy and Elvis series, is a former Army MP who was wounded in Afghanistan. She’s attractive, but she's also tough physically, mentally, and emotionally. I think an actor like Jessica Chastain or Mireille Enos could play Mercy, as they are both beautiful redheads who manage to play tough characters credibly. They play strong women well, and that's what Mercy is: a strong woman.

Vermont game warden Troy Warner is character who's good looking in that sort of boy-next-door way. He has an open face and a guarded soul. Someone like Scott...[read on]
Visit Paula Munier's website.

My Book, The Movie: A Borrowing of Bones.

--Marshal Zeringue