Tuesday, September 04, 2018

David Sosnowski's "Happy Doomsday," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Happy Doomsday: A Novel by David Sosnowski.

The entry begins:
Here’s a weird confession; with very few exceptions, I’ve rarely imagined casts for my novels, though I’ve loved it when readers have offered me their suggestions, which are often brilliant and spot-on. Seeing as Happy Doomsday is still pretty new (the official release is September 1, 2018 – which is when I’m writing this) I haven’t gotten any casting suggestions so far. And so, taking a lot of chronological liberties, here’s my would-be casting for the three main characters – Dev, Marcus, and Lucy – all of whom are sixteen years old when they survive an apocalyptic event that finds them in various parts of the country from which they will head out and eventually find each other.

For Dev, who has an Indian-American mother and Jewish father, and who is also near the Asperger’s end of the spectrum, I’d cast either a younger Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire), a younger Suraj Sharma (Life of Pi) or...[read on]
Visit David Sosnowski's website.

My Book, The Movie: Happy Doomsday.

--Marshal Zeringue