Friday, March 03, 2017

Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch's "Making Bombs for Hitler," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Making Bombs for Hitler by Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch.

The entry begins:
Making Bombs for Hitler is the story of Lida, a young girl who is captured by the Nazis and forced into slave labor -- an Ostarbeiter. Shortly after her capture, she meets Luka, a fellow slave laborer, and they form a special friendship. Lida is horrified to be assigned to bomb-making for the Germans. Then she has an idea. What if she sabotaged the bombs... and the Nazis?

* * *

I had a Skype visit with a grade 4 class and one student asked if Making Bombs for Hitler would be made into a movie. We all agreed that it would be awesome, and since we were on the subject, I asked them who they thought should play Lida. I got no names of child actors. Instead, the students volunteered themselves.

I totally get that -- I’m Lida too!

They also liked the casting of the girl who played Lida in the Scholastic book trailer.

But if I had to choose, my Lida would be...[read on]
Visit Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch's website.

My Book, The Movie: Making Bombs for Hitler.

--Marshal Zeringue