Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Charlie Lovett's "The Lost Book of the Grail," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Lost Book of the Grail by Charlie Lovett.

The entry begins:
I’m going to be honest here—my wife Janice is the real source of this blog. She has an amazing knack for remembering performers and performances and, having spent many years as a director, she is great at casting. I’m better at remembering places. We’ll be watching a movie and I will say, “We stayed around the corner from that building one time.” We joke that if we worked in Hollywood, she would be the casting director and I would be the location scout.

So, before we get to her cast, let’s chat about my locations. The book is set in a fictional cathedral city called Barchester, but many of the elements of the city, the cathedral, and the surrounding countryside, are inspired (or one might say stolen) from real places. I envisioned Barchester as having the cathedral of Winchester, the close (that is the walled in area around the cathedral) of Norwich, and the surrounding city and countryside of Wells. But almost any modest sized English cathedral city would do.

In the role of Arthur, a forty-year-old Brit who likes old books a lot better than he likes most people, Janice votes for Tom...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Charlie Lovett's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Bookman's Tale.

My Book, The Movie: The Bookman's Tale.

The Page 69 Test: First Impressions.

My Book, The Movie: First Impressions.

My Book, The Movie: The Lost Book of the Grail.

--Marshal Zeringue