Saturday, September 07, 2013

April Genevieve Tucholke's "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke.

The entry begins:
I haven’t actually done this yet. Cast my characters. Not even in my mind, during an idle moment while waiting in line or staring out a car window. But there’s no time like the present…

Violet: Hailee Steinfeld. She isn’t blond and blue-eyed like my main character, but who cares. She has Violet’s wide-eyed, quiet depth. I loved this girl in True Grit. She just blew me away.

Neely. The laughing brother with the temper and the heart of gold: Anton Yelchin. He rocked his role in both J. J. Abrams’s Star Trek movies, but it was his riveting gravitas in...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at April Genevieve Tucholke's website.

My Book, The Movie: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.

--Marshal Zeringue