Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Katrina Kittle's "The Blessings of the Animals," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Blessings of the Animals by Katrina Kittle.

The entry begins:
What a fun, fun game! I've been playing "casting director" for my other novels for some time, but since The Blessings of the Animals has only been out a couple of months, it was the first time I was exploring casting for these characters. I had some readers help me out with suggestions. It's a blast to cast A-list actors in ALL the roles, even the smaller ones and not have to consider budget at all. Oh, if only it really worked that way!

First of all, I'd want Jodie Foster to direct it. Her direction of Home for the Holidays was brilliant, and showed her deft hand with the drama/comedy balance in family stories.

My top choice for Cami is Laura Linney (but the short list included...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Katrina Kittle's website.

Writers Read: Katrina Kittle.

The Page 69 Test: The Blessings of the Animals.

My Book, The Movie: The Blessings of the Animals.

--Marshal Zeringue