Monday, October 25, 2010

Coffee with a canine: Anne Gracie & Chloe

The current featured couple at Coffee with a Canine: Anne Gracie and Chloe.

Gracie, on how the two were united:
It was several years since my beloved old Bessie-dog had died (aged 20) and for a long time I couldn't imagine any other dog taking her place. Then I dog-sat a friend's dog for a few weeks, and realized I didn't just have a Bessie-shaped hole in my life, there was also a dog-shaped one that needed to be filled. I planned to get a dog from the shelter in a few weeks, after a conference I needed to attend.

Then I made the mistake of walking past a pet shop and paused beside a snaggle of six puppies in a big cage. One woke up, saw me, and came straight over. I'm a bit superstitious about being picked by a dog, but I was going to a conference in two weeks, and in any case, I hadn't planned to buy a puppy from a shop, so I went home and tried to be sensible for a few hours... then...[read on]
About Anne Gracie's new novel, The Accidental Wedding:
When Nash Renfrew wakes in the bed of lovely Maddy Woodford, he has no memory. In the days following his accident, he is charmed by her bright outlook on life, but he lives for the nights, when she joins him chastely-more or less-in her bed. When his memory returns, Nash asks for just one more night before he leaves. But it's one night too many and it creates a scandal that leaves him no choice but to offer her marriage.

With five orphaned half-siblings in her charge, Maddy needs the security Nash offers and can't resist the promise of passion she's experienced in his embrace. Well born, but poverty-stricken, Maddy knows she's not the wife he planned on, but he's everything she's ever dreamed of.

But will passion be enough? He's a diplomat who knows Czars and Princes and Grand-dukes and she's just a country girl who's never even been to a ball.

Can their new-found love survive, or will this accidental marriage destroy her dreams and his career?
Visit Anne Gracie's website and blog, follow her on Twitter, and join her on Facebook.

Chloe stars in Gracie's featured post, "If you want to be a writer get a dog."

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Anne Gracie and Chloe.

--Marshal Zeringue