Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Gerald Elias' "Danse Macabre," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Devil's Trill and Danse Macabre by Gerald Elias.

The entry begins:
Move over, De Niro and Pacino. For Daniel Jacobus in Devil's Trill and Danse Macabre I want Alan Arkin, in my mind one of America's greatest actors ever, who can play any kind of role convincingly. That's why I want him for Jacobus, flinty and sarcastic on the outside, heart of gold on the inside, afflicted with blindness and old age, a profound artist yet coarse and neglectful in his worldly tastes. Think of Arkin's portrayal of a deaf mute in...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Gerald Elias' website.

Interview: Gerald Elias.

The Page 69 Test: Devil's Trill.

Writers Read: Gerald Elias.

The Page 69 Test: Danse Macabre.

My Book, The Movie: Devil's Trill and Danse Macabre.

--Marshal Zeringue