Friday, May 08, 2009

Kate Kingsbury's Pennyfoot Hotel Mysteries, the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: the Pennyfoot Hotel Mysteries by Kate Kingsbury.

The entry begins:
I dream about seeing my books made into movies. I’ve rehearsed my Academy Awards speech so many times I know it off by heart. You’d think out of fifty-some books at least one would make it to the screen, right? So it’s not surprising that I know exactly who I’d pick to star as the main characters in the stupendous, the outstanding, the extraordinary Pennyfoot Hotel Mysteries movie.

For instance, take Cecily Sinclair. She’s the middle-aged manager of a country club. Feisty, independent to a fault, a little reckless at times, outspoken when needs be, especially when her role as a woman is challenged. Intelligent enough to solve murders, yet constantly drawn into dire peril because of her blind loyalty to her family, friends and staff, as well as the eclectic and often eccentric guests who pass through the doors of the renowned and infamous Pennyfoot Hotel.

Nothing really remarkable there, unless you take into account that this is the turn-of-the-century England, when...[read on]
Visit Kate Kingsbury's website.

My Book, The Movie: the Pennyfoot Hotel Mysteries.

--Marshal Zeringue