Saturday, May 16, 2009

Curtiss Ann Matlock's "Chin Up, Honey," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Curtiss Ann Matlock's Chin Up, Honey.

The entry begins:
Actors for the lead roles in a movie version of my novel? This question requires slipping fully into fantasy. I watch so few contemporary movies. The more convoluted the world gets, the more I retreat into TCM. Part of the idea for Chin Up, Honey came from a nostalgic look back to the sixties. Writing the flashbacks for Emma and John Cole gave me a great deal of fun. There’s a movie scene in the book, where Emma is watching Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.

That said, I have from the beginning seen Robert Duvall in the role of the elder Winston Valentine. Winston is a secondary character who became prominent and appears in each of the Valentine series of novels. Readers, and myself, have fallen in love with him. In a movie version of the book, I see him as the town narrator.

For the lead role of emotional Emma Berry...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Curtiss Ann Matlock's website and blog.

Curtiss Ann Matlock is the author of nearly forty books and short stories.

My Book, The Movie: Chin Up, Honey.

--Marshal Zeringue