Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lauren Bjorkman's "My Invented Life," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: My Invented Life by Lauren Bjorkman.

The entry begins:
When my agent called to say that Brad Pitt’s production company Plan B had expressed an interest in My Invented Life, I immediately thought about actors. Not that they were going to ask me for suggestions. It was just plain fun to think about. Eventually the deal fizzled. But the question remained. How would I cast a movie of my book? To add to the challenge, I enjoy movies with unknowns or lesser-knowns.

My heroine, Roz is a very tall, not-very-skinny teen. As a drama queen and theater geek, she lives to be the center of attention. And she’s wounded. Her older sister who she’s worshipped since forever recently deleted her from her life. Roz hides the wound behind a snarky and hilarious attitude. Whoever plays her would have to be tall. Mandy Moore fits the bill at 5’10’’ and has proven herself capable of playing a teen with an attitude.

Still, I imagine Roz’s face to be more like singer/songwriter...[read on]
Read an excerpt from My Invented Life, and learn more about the book and author at Lauren Bjorkman's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: My Invented Life.

--Marshal Zeringue