Thursday, February 15, 2007

"What is Michael Allen Dymmoch reading?"

Michael Allen Dymmoch's most recent novel is Death in West Wheeling.

I asked her what she has been reading. Her reply:
The books I finish are those I'd recommend because I don't have time to finish bad books.

So I'd recommend:

William Kent Krueger's Mercy Falls and Copper River (read together, in that order, because they are really one long, terrific story);

Courtroom 302: A Year Behind the Scenes in an American Criminal Courthouse by
Steve Bogira;

On Directing Film b
y David Mamet;

Big City, Bad Blood by Sean Chercover; and

Homicide 69 by Sam Reaves.

Marcus Sakey's The Blade Itself and Nancy Pickard's The Virgin of Small Plains are on the top of my list to read next.

Happy reading.
Read the results of the Page 69 Test for Michael's White Tiger.

Learn more about Michael's books, and check out The Outfit, a group blog powered by Michael and six other Chicago crime writers.

Of the authors mentioned above, Sean Chercover and Marcus Sakey have contributed to the Page 69 Series; Sam Reaves' contribution is forthcoming.

--Marshal Zeringue