Friday, February 23, 2007

My book, the movie

I've started a new website. It's called My Book, The Movie. (No, I couldn't come up with a better title; Variety was already taken.)

I'll be asking authors to tackle a simple thesis: If Hollywood makes my book into a film, here's who I'd like to play the lead role(s).

As with The Page 69 Test, the writers will have considerable freedom in approaching the issue. They may suggest an actor from days gone by or talk about who they'd like to see direct the picture, or they may even rail against the whole idea of adapting books for the screen.

Allison Burnett was kind enough to pen the inaugural post. He's a successful screenwriter as well as a novelist, and there's a better than usual chance that his book will actually hit the big screen. And he's asking for casting ideas.

Read the post and, if you have an idea for the lead as Allison describes him, click on the link to his website. There's contact information for Allison there: he'd love to hear your suggestion.

Also, read the Page 69 treatment for The House Beautiful.

--Marshal Zeringue